For businesses and consultants that provide products and services to museums and galleries.
Please note that in response to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, The Museums Association’s offices in London are closed and all staff will be working remotely until further notice. Our phones are diverted and systems are online so our operations should not be significantly affected.
During this closure period we will be unable to receive and send post, we will therefore not be issuing new or renewing members with membership cards until we return.
Until then members can use their confirmation email as proof of membership and we have contacted participating venues to request that they accept this means of membership proof in lieu of the card for a temporary period.
In these uncertain times your support of the museum sector through membership really does make a difference. The Museums Association does not receive any government funding and the vast majority of our resources are generated through membership. Your renewal allows us to continue supporting museums and those working in and with museums.
Supporting our Commercial members
We recognise that this could be a challenging time for our commercial members, so we are offering support by allowing new and renewing members to spread the cost of their membership fee during this period. Please contact Emma Randall to discuss your options.
The Museums Association is the biggest network of museum professionals in the UK.
and your business can develop more links with the museum sector, promote to a
targeted audience and achieve your business goals.
We have a growing membership of over 14, 000 individual members, 300 businesses and 1,500 institutions. Whether you’re already working with museums or just starting out, we can help you develop your business with our first-class contacts and platforms.
Commercial Membership benefits
Price: £250 per year
- Online logo listing on MA website
- Use of Commercial Member logo
- One individual membership giving you the ability to take part in our CPD schemes and voting rights
- Museums Journal monthly including In Practice
content *Printing of Museums Journal has been suspended until September 2020*
- Access to all online content
- One membership card giving you free entry to museums and exhibitions throughout the UK
- Discount on attending events for all staff
- Free members meeting attendance for all staff
- 10% discount on advertising (including website and print advertising, sponsorship, tabletops, exhibition stands and recruitment)
When museums and galleries are looking for a company or consultant your connection with the Museums Association makes a substantial impact on their choice.