The day shares examples of empowering, relevant and dynamic collections practice
Museums Association One-Day Conference
Following the publication of the Museums Association’s Empowering Collections report, this one-day conference offers delegates the chance to take part in in-depth discussions about how to take forward its recommendations and use their collections in exciting, engaging and socially impactful ways.
The day shares examples of empowering, relevant and dynamic collections practice – from contemporary collecting, digital engagement and disposal to co-production and decolonisation. Delegates will get the chance to hear from those who are working to change the collections culture in their museums, through masterclasses that identify best practice and offer tailored support.
The programme includes time for reflection and group discussion about how museums, funders and policy-makers can work together to ensure that museum collections are empowering, relevant and dynamic.
- Simon Brown, Curator of Collections, Newstead Abbey, Project Curator, National Justice Museum, MA Board Member
- Ellie Miles, Documentary Curator, London Transport Museum
- Catherine Ross,Founder, MuseumAnd
- Lynda-Louise Burrell, Creative Director, MuseumAnd
- Kathleen Lawther, Museums, Arts and Heritage Consultant
- Gemma Ashby, Project Manager, Tyne & Wear Museums & Archives
- Rebecca Machin, Curator of Natural Sciences, Leeds Museums and Galleries
- Anna Rhodes, Project Officer, Buxton Museum and Art Gallery
- Kevin Gosling, Chief Executive, Collections Trust
- Member of curatorial team at Amgueddfa Cymru (National Museum Wales)
- Kelly Foster, Wikipedian-in-Residence, Making African Connections project
Museums Association members
Individual member: full or essential - £125
Individual member: student, retired, volunteer or unwaged - £55
Individual member: prospective AMA member - £95
Corporate or Institutional member - £125
Non-members - £195
Click here for a full timetable of the day.
The day runs approximately 1030 - 1630, with registration from 0930.
Follow this event on Twitter: #EmpowerYourCollections
|42 Clerkenwell Close