Partnerships with Purpose
A pilot project that aims to deepen links between museums and community organisations
Partnerships with Purpose is a new Museums Association (MA) opportunity for decision-makers in museums and community organisations to deepen links and develop ideas on how to build social value together. For example, working across sectors to enhance places, opportunities, and health and wellbeing.
Four events across the UK, plus support and materials, will facilitate communities, museums, statutory sector providers and funders to work together.
We are particularly interested in supporting:
- Museums and community organisations to identify shared aims.
- Museums to gain insight into local need and what the community wants to offer.
- Communities to become increasingly enthusiastic about working with museums, skilled in socially engaged practice, and confident about how to approach museums.
- Funders and the statutory sector, such as public health and local commissioners, to dedicate resources to cross-sector work to build social value.
The four events are a chance for museums and communities to begin working together with a local focus as active and equal partners. We welcome tiny, medium and large museums; community and third sector groups and networks; statutory sector staff; councillors and trustees; and funders.
- Make new relationships and find partners that chime with what organisations want to achieve.
- Dedicate time to making these links work.
- Deepen experience and understanding of partnership work.
- Articulate the value of this work to partners, funders and the statutory sector.
This is a pilot project funded through Paul Hamlyn Foundation Explore & Test fund and will be professionally evaluated. A dedicated Partnerships with Purpose member of staff will provide assistance to museums and communities wanting to work together.
Please let us know what you need and what you can offer.
If you are local to one of the events and can make decisions for your organisation please contact Amber Alferoff for an invitation and conversation: email@example.com
We look forward to your ideas and insights.
- Sheffield – 11 February 2019
- Swansea – 28 February 2019
- South East London – 28 March 2019
- Fife – 25 April 2019